Ask and Receive *Program Information and Registration*
*ASK AND RECEIVE*
When you don’t ask, you don’t receive. When you ask, doors open for you.
If you feel timid, hesitant, or insecure about asking, this is the program you need.
Led by Alexandra Franzen: Best-selling Author, Entrepreneur, and Communication Expert.
As seen in: The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times Small Business Blog, Forbes, Time, Newsweek, and Inc.
1. Get more of whatever you want.
Learn how to ask for clients, customers, media coverage, endorsements, awards, opportunities, and other things you want. The more you ask, the more you receive!
2. Learn how to inspire people to say, “Yes!”
Learn how to frame your ask as a “win-win situation” that’s going to benefit everyone involved, rather than a desperate-sounding plea. Get fewer No’s and more Yes’s.
3. Feel generous, strong, and powerful.
Each day, do a tiny act of generosity for someone in your community–like a colleague, friend, or even a complete stranger. Give first. Then ask and receive. Generosity brings unexpected power back to you.
4. Become a role model to those around you.
Show your kids, friends, colleagues, interns, and employees what it means to be a leader and go-getter. Set an inspiring example to the young people (especially young women) in your life. Show people that it’s possible to feel a little scared…and take action anyway.
Here’s a list of things you’ll be encouraged to ask for. Everything on this list is encouraged–but optional. If you want to ask for something different, great! Ask for whatever you want.
If you read this list and think, “But I don’t know how to ask for that!” that’s okay! You get sample emails, sample conversation scripts, and training to help you figure out what to say.
– Ask for support.
Reach out to your friends, family, and colleagues. Invite them to check out a project you’ve been working on–like a service you offer, or a product you created–and ask for their support.
– Ask people to take a peek.
Create a small “free taste” of your work–like a free mini class, checklist, worksheet–and share it with your community. Ask people to check it out. (And then ask them to hire you if they want more!)
– Ask for an upgrade.
Ask for something that would make your life a little bit–or a lot–better. A new office or workspace? A different schedule? A mentor? Fewer household chores? More quiet time to focus and work?
– Ask for kind words.
Contact a client, customer, or colleague. Ask them to write a positive review/testimonial about your work.
– Ask for media coverage.
Reach out to a journalist, podcast, or radio host. Ask if they’d like to interview you, and/or feature your work in their show or publication.
– Ask for an award.
Choose an award you’d love to win–writing award, business award, customer service award, community leader award, etc.–and fill out the form to nominate yourself. Or nominate a friend.
– Ask for the sale.
Contact a client. Ask if they’d like to hire you–or hire you again.
– Ask for confirmation.
Contact a client who seemed interested at first–but then mysteriously “disappeared” and never confirmed–and ask if they want to proceed or not. Get a firm answer.
– Ask to be featured.
Contact a shop (online shop or brick-and-mortar) and see if they want to carry your books/products/art in the store.
– Ask for a teaching/speaking gig.
Contact a school, organization, or company. Ask if they’d like to hire you to speak and give a workshop, seminar, or program: virtually or in person.
– Ask a second time.
Knock on the door again. Reach out again to someone who previously said “no,” or didn’t reply, to make a new proposition. Ask again. You never know. Things can change. You might get a different answer.
– Ask for the moon.
Ask for something that feels like a big stretch–a celebrity client, a large sum of money, a big opportunity, or something else you want. Because you never know what might happen. You might be wonderfully surprised.
READY, SET, GO!: August 10, 2020
– Attend the *Ready, Set, Go!* kick-off meeting. Zoom. 1 hour. Monday August 10, 2020 at 10 am Hawaii / 1 pm Pacific / 4 pm Eastern.
– Complete your *Getting Ready* checklist. Get organized and ready for action.
– Set your intention for the program. Email Alex to share what it is.
GIVE, ASK, AND RECEIVE: August 11-19, 2020
– Read your daily email to see your instructions for the day.
– Each day, you will do 1 tiny act of generosity for someone in your community–and then ask for something you want. Give first. Then ask and receive.
– Report back daily to share a progress report: “I did it!” or, “I didn’t ask yet, but I will do it soon and here’s my plan!”
– Attend the *Ask for Help* meeting if you get stuck, feel discouraged, have a question, or want to ask for something but you’re not sure how to say it. Get support. Zoom. 1 hour. Thursday August 13, 2020 at 10 am Hawaii / 1 pm Pacific / 4 pm Eastern.
– Feel proud of yourself for every ask, and feel your confidence grow!
CELEBRATE YOUR WINS: August 20, 2020
– Celebrate the progress you’ve made–all the victories, big and small.
– Attend the *What’s Next?* meeting to recap the main points we’ve covered in the program, and decide what’s next for you. What will you ask for…next? Zoom. 1 hour. Thursday August 20, 2020 at 10 am Hawaii / 1 pm Pacific / 4 pm Eastern.
– Write a thank you note to someone in your community–a mentor, colleague, coach, friend–because it’s always power to start–and end–with gratitude.
This program includes:
– Checklists to help you get organized and set yourself up for success.
– Daily emails with clear, simple instructions. (This is an *overwhelm-free zone*.)
– Sample emails and conversation scripts to help you ask for important things you want.
– Training on how to frame your ask as a win-win situation so that it feels *good* to ask.
– Warm, caring, attentive email support. Whenever you email to share a victory or ask a question, you get a personal reply–from an actual human being–within 24 hours.
– Interactive Zoom meetings to boost your motivation and confidence. (All Zoom meetings are recorded in case you want to watch and catch up later.)
– Rewards and surprises for completing assignments.
Program runs for 10 days: August 10-20, 2020.
Time commitment is approximately 35 to 60 minutes per day, 10 days in a row.
If you want to take more time and move along more slowly, no problem. All program materials–videos, sample emails, etc.–are yours to keep forever. You can revisit these materials after the program ends.
Alexandra Franzen is a writer, consultant, and entrepreneur based in Hawaii.
A sought-after communication specialist, copywriter, and content creator, she is the secret-weapon behind many successful podcasts, #1 bestselling books, profitable marketing campaigns, and 6- and 7-figure product launches.
She has written articles for Time, Forbes, Newsweek, The Huffington Post, and Lifehacker. Her work has been mentioned in The New York Times Small Business Blog, The Atlantic, The Los Angeles Times, and Inc.
She’s the author of six books, including The Checklist Book: Set Realistic Goals, Celebrate Tiny Wins, Reduce Stress and Overwhelm, and Feel Calmer Every Day. She’s also the founder of the Tiny Press, an award-winning book publishing imprint.
Alex’s philosophy on Asking:
It’s incredible what happens once you stop stalling and start asking.
Doors unlock. Clients say “Yes.” You get opportunities that you want–and surprising opportunities that you never expected. Even when someone says “No,” you still gain something valuable–you gain information, you gain practice, and you gain pride in yourself for being willing to try.
Your life changes–sometimes a little bit, sometimes a lot–every single time you ask for what you want.
Registration for the August 2020 program is now closed.
Interested in doing this program next year? Please sign up to join Alex’s mailing list, and you’ll be notified when it’s time to register for the 2021 program. Thank you!
Please email: email@example.com. Thank you!
Quick answers to common questions:
Q: I don’t live in the United States. Can I join this program?
A: Yes! We often have clients from Canada, Europe, India, Australia, all around the world.
Q: I want to do this program but I probably can’t attend the live meetings because I have a schedule conflict. Will those be recorded so I can watch and catch up later?
A: Yes! Everything is recorded.
Q: I notice this program is 10 days long. I have a very full, busy life and I’m worried I will “fall behind” and won’t be able to complete everything in just 10 days. I might need more time. Is that okay?
A: Yes! That’s totally okay. All program materials are yours to keep forever. You can go back and do things at your own pace.
Q: Is this program suitable for all kinds of people? Who is it for?
A: This program is primarily intended for entrepreneurs, freelancers, service providers, coaches, consultants, writers, artists, and other people who want to get more sales, more media coverage, and other business opportunities.
Q: Is this program specifically for women?
While Alexandra’s programs tend to attract lots of women (which is awesome!), this program is not *only* for women. All genders are welcome to join. And, all faiths, all nationalities, all professions, all experience levels, all ages (18 and up), all sexual orientations, all humans: welcome. We value diversity and strive to create a safe and welcoming space for all.
Q: When will this program be offered again?
A: This program will be offered again in 2021, around 1 year from now.
Q: When is the very last day to register?
A: The very last day to register is August 8, 2020. Program begins on August 10.