About Alexandra Franzen
Alexandra Franzen is a writer, consultant, and entrepreneur based in Hawaii.
Her sixth book is The Checklist Book: Set Realistic Goals, Celebrate Tiny Wins, Reduce Stress and Overwhelm, and Feel Calmer Every Day. Other books include You’re Going to Survive and So This Is the End: A Love Story.
She has written articles for Time, Forbes, Newsweek, The Huffington Post, and Lifehacker. Her work has been mentioned in The New York Times Small Business Blog, The Atlantic, The Los Angeles Times, and Inc.
She writes about a wide range of topics: life, love, death, grief, unplugging from technology, creativity, focus, productivity, simplicity, time–and how we spend it.
She is the founder of the Tiny Press, a publishing imprint specializing in very short books–100 pages or less. Tiny Press books include Say It Now by Sherry Richert-Belul (#1 Amazon New Release), Wishwork by Alexa Fischer (featured on Good Morning America), and Your Next Level Life by Karen Arrington (nominated for 2020 NAACP Image Awards, Outstanding Instructional Literary Work).
Alexandra works with clients as a consultant, copywriter, content writer, speechwriter, and ghostwriter. She specializes in working with brands in the health, wellness, mindset, psychology, yoga, fitness, and food industries. She co-hosts a pop culture and comedy podcast with her best friend called So Obsessed.
Alexandra’s newsletter has been called one of the “14 newsletters you need in your inbox” by Brit+Co. Join 13,000 readers and sign up for inspiring true stories, checklists, music playlists, and exciting surprises.
– Alexandra has one fake tooth.
– She has a metal plate screwed onto her fibula.
– Before becoming a writer, she trained to become a helicopter pilot.
– Her top heroes are: Mister Rogers, RuPaul, and Michelle Obama.
– She does not have any social media accounts.
– She has taught classes on writing, creativity, goal-setting, and other topics in 18 cities around the world.
– She has lived in New Zealand, California, Minnesota, Oregon, and currently, Hawaii.
– Sagittarius Sun, Cancer Moon, Cancer Rising.
– Favorite treat: Stroopwafel.
– Fantasy career: magician or hair stylist.