Make a checklist…and you might win a trip to Hawaii.
Oh hey! To celebrate the release of my new book—The Checklist Book: Set Realistic Goals, Celebrate Tiny Wins, Reduce Stress and Overwhelm, and Feel Calmer Every Day—I have a cool assignment for you.
This assignment is really simple. All you need to do is make a checklist. That’s it. Instructions below.
*Fun news: the deadline to enter has been extended.*
If you complete this assignment by January 30, 2020, you’ll be eligible to win some wonderful prizes—including a trip to Hawaii. For real.
Make a checklist. Any kind of checklist. Type it. Print it. Or write it by hand.
A few ideas. You could make…
– A simple checklist with things you want to do (and experience) today.
– A seasonal checklist with things you want to do (and experience) this spring, summer, autumn, or winter.
– A get-it-done checklist with a list of things you need to do to complete an important project.
– A loose-end checklist with lots of miscellaneous bits you want to finish up and clear out of your brain.
– A self-care checklist with various ways you can take care of your mind/body/spirit this week.
– A birthday checklist with all the beautiful experiences you definitely want to have on your b-day.
– A before-I-die checklist with important things you want to do (or say) before you transition into the next world.
– A final-24 checklist with all the things you’d want to experience if this was your last day on earth–your final 24 hours of life.
– A house-upgrade checklist with exciting steps to breathe fresh energy into your home.
– A visionary checklist. For instance: a checklist of steps to end bullying. A checklist for running for President. A checklist for healing the oceans. A checklist for bringing more love into your community, country, and/or the world.
– A quirky, silly, creative checklist. For instance: a checklist for transforming into a mermaid. A checklist for building a time machine. A checklist for your first stand-up comedy open mic show.
– Or any kind of checklist you want to make.
1. Make your checklist. It can be simple and elegant. Creative and whimsical. Short or long. Typed or handwritten. Whatever style you want.
2. Share your checklist somewhere in the world. Online, offline, or both.
For instance, you could post a photo of your checklist on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest. You could post your checklist on your blog and encourage your readers to make their own checklists, too. You could share your checklist in your email newsletter. Pin your checklist to a bulletin board inside your local coffee shop. Paint your checklist as a mural on the side of your house. Email your checklist to your five closest friends. Basically: post your checklist somewhere in the world where other people can see it. Anywhere you want.
3. Wherever you share your checklist, please include this phrase:
This list was inspired by THE CHECKLIST BOOK by Alexandra Franzen. Get the book at your local bookstore, local public library, or order it online: http://bit.ly/the-checklist-book
You can use that exact phrase or something similar. Thank you!
4. Important final step. To be eligible to win a prize, please fill out this quick form to officially submit you contest entry.
If you complete this assignment by Midnight on January 30, 2020, you’ll be eligible to win some cool prizes.
* 10 winners receive signed copies of The Checklist Book.
* 1 winner receives a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii (value: $3500). Three days and three nights. Accommodation and meals included, plus a $500 credit that you can apply towards your airfare. Spend a few days in paradise making beautiful checklists, working on creative projects, swimming, sunbathing, hiking, relaxing in a hammock, feeling invigorated and inspired.
Winners will be announced in this newsletter in February 2020. Winners will also be notified personally via email.
To sum this up:
* Make a checklist.
* Share your checklist somewhere. Online, offline, or both.
* Include some links and stuff to help support The Checklist Book: Set Realistic Goals, Celebrate Tiny Wins, Reduce Stress and Overwhelm, and Feel Calmer Every Day. (Thank you!)
* Fill out this form to officially enter to win.
* Enjoy the experience.
Have fun with this assignment.
I can’t wait to see your beautiful checklist!
PS. Share this contest info with anyone you want! Here’s a link you can share: http://bit.ly/checklist-contest
PPS. You’re awesome. Thanks for doing weird challenges and completing tiny projects and making art with me.