10 questions for mid-year reflection.
Is it just me…
… or does it feel like the first half of the year went by at triple-warp-speed?
It feels like two seconds ago that I was celebrating New Years Eve. Cake and champagne. Wishes and goals. Then I glanced at my computer, answered a few emails, looked up, and whaaaaat just happened? Um. It’s the middle of June?!?
This week, I’ve been feeling an urge to slooo-oow down, exhale, sit cross-legged in the center of my bed, and take stock of everything that’s happened since January 1st. Because it’s been… a lot. I came up with 10 questions to percolate on. If you’d like to join me for some mid-year reflection, here are the q’s…
– 10 QUESTIONS –
1. What were my goals at the beginning of this year?
2. Are my goals the same—or have things changed?
3. Is there something I’ve been doing lately—like a writing project, a business project, or any kind of project or commitment—that’s not feeling “right” anymore? Do I need to keep doing it? What would happen if I just stopped?
4. What’s something I’m sick of hearing myself say, over and over? Like, “I really need to start…” “I really need to stop…” “Seriously, for real, this week I will…”
5. What’s something I definitely want to create, achieve, or experience before the end of this year?
6. Who are some people I feel jealous of right now—and why? What do they have—or appear to have—that I want?
7. Who’s someone who’s been an important part of my life this year—like an amazing friend, mentor, or colleague? Have I said “thank you” to that person recently?
8. What’s something I see out in the world that breaks my heart? What could I do, say, create, or contribute to be “part of the solution”?
9. Fill in the blank: “This year, one of the best decisions I made was _______.”
10. And lastly: Fill in the blank: “This year, I feel proud of myself because _______.”
Maybe you’ll want to answer those questions in your journal. Or on your blog. Or with friends around the dinner table. Or aloud, muttering to yourself as you walk across the Super Target parking lot. So many options! And if you enjoy digging into interesting questions, you might like this, too. Enjoy!