10 of my favorite first date questions.
First dates. They’re shimmery and exciting. And sometimes, scary and paralyzing.
Like, perform-deep-yogic-breathing-while-applying-four-layers-of-lip-balm-in-your-car-outside-the-sandwich-shop paralyzing.
Back when I was dating, my strategy for combating “first date jitters” was to bring a small gift for my date (chocolate, a book, a miniature bottle of novelty hot sauce) plus a list of questions to discuss. Ideally, a blend of light, playful questions and deep, soulful ones, too.
A few of my favorite q’s…
1. What was the best birthday cake you ever ate?
2. What’s the best compliment you ever received?
3. What was your favorite book as a kid?
4. What’s in your fridge right now?
5. What’s the first thing you noticed about me?
6. What’s the most stressful element of your life right now?
7. What’s your favorite kind of outfit to see on a guy / girl?
8. What are you bored of?
9. What are you determined to have / create / experience in this lifetime?
10. What are you thinking / feeling right now?
Take turns answering each question.
Best case scenario? You’ll both be madly falling in love by question five.
Worst case scenario? You’ll hear a few amusing stories, learn something new, and remember a few things about yourself, too.
Do you have a favorite question that you whirl out when you’re connecting with new people? What do you ask?